Debra Antney, Manager and CEO of Mixay Entertainment spoke with Thisis50.com and shared some of her thoughts on the industry and her experiences with them. If you don’t know who she is by now, she has managed Gucci Mane, Nicki Minaj, OJ da Juiceman, and her son Waka Flocka Flame. Here’s some key points she makes in the interview:
- The name Mizay came from Ludacris and David Banner. They were calling her Ms. A but with the southern twang it sounded like Mizay and she liked it.
- Her entering into the music business was not about the money. Because of her social services background it was about her helping people.
- Gucci Mane was the first artist that she managed.
- If you want to be a leader first you have to know how to follow.
- If you come into the music industry just thinking about the dollas then you are already screwed.
Check out the interview for yourself.